THOR RE-0303 Top and Bottom Feed Walking Foot Sewing Machine
For sewing medium to heavy weight materials such as denim and other heavier weight fabrics such as canvas, soft leather, vinyl, and webbing. Suitable for sewing such products as jeans, hand bags, belts, wallets, book covers, webbing straps, canvas bags and covers, etc.
High Speed, Single needle, Top and Bottom Feed with Walking Foot (Not a Needle Feed), Reverse, Adjustable Stitch Length up to 8mm, Ideal Thread Sizes from TEX 40 to TEX 138, Automatic Lubrication with Oil Pan and Oil Pump.
The high 16mm presser foot lift enables easy material handling for heavy sewing.
Q & A
1. What exact class is this machine?
- This machine fits in between a standard lockstitch machine (like this JUKI DDL-8700) and a true compound walking foot machine (like this THOR GC-1541S). The RE-0303 is a walking foot machine with top and bottom feed, but not a needle feed. In the same class as the Juki DU-1181N.
2. Is this machine adequate for automotive & marine upholstery?
- No. For these applications, you will need to step up to a compound (triple) feed machine that has the needle feed function like the THOR GC-1541S.
3. What will this machine sew well?
- Anything that is considered medium weight to medium-heavy weight materials such as denim, canvas, vinyl, soft leather, and webbing. Great for making belts, wallets, book covers, hand bag straps, leather and canvas bags, watch bands, low ply webbing straps, etc.
4. What size bobbin and needles does this machine have?
- This machine has a BIG Hook and Bobbin (Size "M") and takes Needle System 135x17, Sizes 16 to 23.
APPLICATION: For Medium Weight Materials
MAX SEWING SPEED: 2,000 SPM
MAX STITCH LENGTH: 8mm Forward/Reverse
NEEDLE BAR STROKE: 36mm
FOOT LIFT: 16mm by Knee, 8mm by Hand
HOOK: Horizontal Axis LARGE Capacity Hook
THREAD: TEX 40 to TEX 138
STITCH LENGTH CHANGE METHOD: By Dial
LUBRICATION: Full Automatic Lubrication with Oil Pump / Oil Pan